The series was from 2011, I copied the files from a friend back in 2012, but I just had the will to actually watch it last week. Apparently, the first episode is the most boring episode where the history of the City Hunter revenge was told – that was when South Korea tried to invade North Korea but then they betrayed their own special force with sole survivor.
This sole survivor, Lee Jin Pyo who also comes with the name of Steve Lee (Kim Sang Joong), as soon as he got back to South Korea, kidnapped his Operation Clean Sweep partner, Park Mu Yeol’s newborn son, who’s named Lee Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho) and took the baby to Golden Triangle in Thailand. Yoon Sung was raised under Jin Pyo’s, who pretended to be his father, iron fist – he’s been trained to shoot a gun at a young age. After graduating his Ph.D in MIT, Yoon Sung went back to South Korea with a mission of putting the Council of Five, the people involved in Operation Clean Sweep, down. With the support of Bae Shik Joong (Kim Sang Ho) whom he saved back in Thailand, he trapped the Council of Five one by one and sent them to Public Prosecutor Kim Young Joo‘s (Lee Joon Hyuk) office to get them judged lawfully. Jin Pyo’s mission was to murder them all, though, so in the end Yoon Sung had to actually fight against his “father”.
The drama side of the story is when Yoon Sung fell in love with his colleague in Blue House, presidential special security force, Kim Na Na (Park Min Young) with a huge risk. Kim Na Na is strong, but her position as a president’s bodyguard frequently kept her in danger.
- I enjoyed watching Lee Min Ho. *he’s still my favorite Korean actor ❤
- The total episode of 20 is too long for the story twist – you can actually summarize the story to 10 episodes only and still get the point of the series.
- The fighting scenes were all in slow motion, making them seem (too) fake.
- You cannot categorize this series as either action nor drama, since it’s half action half drama, with no conclusion on both sides.
- Worth watching if you’re bored with the sad tearful Korean drama. 🙂
- A Korean drama created based on Japanese manga, the theme songs sound like Japanese and finally, this is the first (and maybe the only) Korean drama where all casts use iPhone instead of Samsung phones.