I’m still tuned with the food topic from yesterday, so let’s talk about another food. LOL. This time I’ll post something about good cheap food in Melbourne [around CBD of course, since my activities are mostly there]. For these food I’d like to thank Richard, Agung, Ratna, Analia, and Boni for showing me around. 🙂
- Tokio. This comes first since this is the best cheap food so far. The restaurant itself is actually so small it can only serve around 20 people at a time, but every time you pass by it, you can always see people lining up. It’s run by a Japanese couple, located on Causeway Lane [you can enter from Bourke Street – near ANZ]. The potato salad is very delicious.
- Mekong. The Vietnamese rice noodle soup restaurant located on Swanston Street is also always packed with people. Thank goodness they have bigger space. The service is not so good when it’s full with people but still OK for the taste and price. It’s a very good place to go in the winter when you want to have something warm.
- Kimurakan. This is another Japanese restaurant, located in Chinatown. They have their lunch menu at $10 including bento [lunch box set] and the choice of green tea/ice lemon tea/miso soup. IMO their sashimi bento is the best one, but don’t order this one if you can’t eat raw fish.
- Oriental Spoon. The first ever Korean restaurant I’ve been too and fallen in love with it. It’s not actually that cheap, but the bulgogi is very good. They also serve various soup and BBQ.
- Nando’s. What a memory. I used to come here a lot with Ratna during our study weeks at uni. Famous for its grilled chicken, Nando’s is located everywhere around the city.
- Menya. Back in Indonesia, I never wanted to eat beef tongue because I felt disgusted. However, after some persuasion from Agung, I finally tried it out in this restaurant. And totally addicted up until now. You must try Gyu Tan Don [stir fried beef tongue on rice]. Other than that, the menu are all good.
- Ratee Thai. This restaurant serves the best Pad Thai [Thai fried rice noodle] I’ve tried so far. Located in Port Phillip Arcade.
- Grill’d. They claim themselves as the one serving healthy burger. Well I guess they’re right, with all the traditionally grilled burger and so.. 😛
..and for the snacks..
- The Little Cupcakes. The best cupcakes in town. I’ve tried several other names, but this one still comes on my #1 list. Located on Desgraves Street (and they also have some other shops around CBD).
- Laurent. The cakes and coffee are all nice. The shop is also very nicely decorated. 🙂
- Lord of the Fries. Again, one memorial food I usually had with Ratna during our crazy study weeks. They serve fries and burgers, but we always order fries. They have several dressing choices and almost all is good. Some are a bit weird, though.. 😛
- Max Brenner. They.. serve.. the best.. chocolate drink! Ooh I’m so excited even only talking about it. 🙂 You can also try the Belgian waffle or chocolate souffle. Anything chocolatey is nice there.
- San Churro. I like sweet snacks and I like churros. They serve churros with milk/white/dark chocolate dips, very nice! 😀
- Chokolait. You can barely see the place if you’ve never heard the name. Located on Little Collins street, this place serves the best iced dark chocolate, with iced chocolate on the lips of the glass. 😛 The owner is very nice too. 🙂
This is it for today. 🙂 Posting this makes me hungry. xP
Have a nice weekend! 😀